Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tortellini Sausage Soup...

I came across a soup recipe from Our Best Bites last year for a tortellini sausage soup. I made it the first time and it was great. The second time I added this and that and changed the amounts. Every time I made the soup it would be different because I always changed it. I started becoming more consistent with what I was adding and finally wrote it down. I made this for the Christmas Eve soup night and it was by far the first to go! Note: This makes a lot of soup. So here it is: Brown:
1 lb sausage (Jimmy Deans HOT)
6 cloves of garlic
1 onion diced

Add and cook for a half hour:
2 cups water
3 cups apple cider
2 cans of chicken broth
1 28oz of diced tomatoes
1 8 oz tomato sauce
1 cup carrots shredded
2 tsp chicken bouillon
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Add and cook for 15 mins:
2 medium zucchini shredded

Add and cook until done:
Tortellini (15 oz or so, I use the fresh stuff from costco, they come divided in two packs and I use nearly one whole side)
2 Tbsp parsley

1 comment:

  1. I am for sure making this! I have been in a rut and in need of new recipes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...