Thursday, April 19, 2012

Funny Comment...

Not too long ago I was outside with the kids. I was working on the sprinkler system when a little neighbor boy - 8 years old -came walking by.

"Why isn't your dad doing that."

I'm confused. The little boy is confused. I try to clear it up. "What do you mean my dad..."

"Or your husband. Why isn't your husband doing that. It's his job to fix it."

I didn't know what to tell him, he was adamant that I wasn't competent to complete the task at hand.

Hallie then came to my rescue in a very defensive and loud voice..."My mom knows how to fix things."

The little boy looked at her funny and didn't say another word while he walked away.

I gave Hallie a high five. I know how to fix things. But even better than that is that my daughter knows that I know how to fix things!!

3 comments:

  1. You go Girl!! You amaze me and make me mad at the same time. Every husband wishes that they married a Kara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, howdy, can you every fix things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...