Wednesday, June 27, 2012

No more Costco burgers...

When I want to bbq, I go to Costco and buy a lifetime supply of frozen patties. They're easy and they're tasty. It never crossed my mind that I could make them. I figured if Costco made them, they're probably the best.

Of course pinterest opened my eyes - I came across a recipe from Little Miss Momma blog for some homemade patties. I'm a sucker for a new recipe so with my brother and his family in town, we fired up the grill. And although it is somewhat embarrassing to admit, for the first time ever we used patties that I hand mixed with love...and cheese. I read through a lot of feedback from the original recipe and several complained that the burgers fell apart. I added an egg to bind it together and ours turned out great, much tastier than the Costco alternative. Who would've thought!??

3 lbs ground beef (I used 80/20)
1 cup of grated Monterrey jack cheese
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 egg
season salt
cracked black pepper
onion powder

Mix it all together with your hands and form into patties - remember they will shrink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...