Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Quote...

Steve often recites this quote.

Steve reads from a very limited genre, so I was curious as to where this quote, that he always recites, came from. I asked him last week and he told me that he was raised with a father that often recited this quote to him - he had no clue where it came from, but it's stuck with him and they are words he lives by. After hearing him say this for years, I too have found myself reciting it on a number of occasions.

I like to quote it especially when I hear anyone use the phrase, "Well that comes easy to you/them" or even when I look at someone else and think the same thing. Most things we work on long enough become easier for us - as long as we're persistant.

I'm hoping this applies to motherhood!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite quotes. I too, am hoping it applies to motherhood!! Also a few other things that do not come easy to me...

    By the way, that little Bennett of yours is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me think of our conversation last week about wood work/running! We each become "talented" at things because we are persistent. This quote is so true. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Looks like my son Cole forgot to log out after using my computer...either that or he has great insight! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...