Sunday, November 18, 2012

One Year Anniversary...

We moved into our house a year today. It seems like a lifetime ago!

After not seeing our stuff for a year, we finally unloaded a truckload of stuff into our new house. It had been such a long time in coming that we were more than ready to move in the minute we got the keys. We originally thought we would take some time to paint and get a few projects out of the way before moving in, but in the end that's not how it went down. We've slowly crossed projects off the list over the past year.

Of course through my optimistic lenses, I thought we'd have a lot more projects done by this point, but everything takes more time and money than we ever imagined! I have to keep telling myself we have made progress. We've worked a lot on the outside, we had to do a lot of maintenance work, we've done a lot of painting, furniture building, knocked a hole in the wall, revamped a couple rooms - slow and steady. Although from these pictures it pretty much looks like it did on moving day. No furniture...but now we have no mauve carpet.

One Year Ago:


Today: (although we did remove the tape into the kitchen)


We still don't have floors but my hopeful optimism tells me that this is the week the floors go in. There sure is a lot of prep work in this whole process but it will all be worth it.

There is one area of the house that looks exactly like it did when we moved in: the garage. It has had it's moments of organization, but with the remodel especially we are back in a state of chaos. If only my days were 28 hours and my body only required 4 hours of sleep. Wouldn't that be bliss? Little factoid: if I could have any super power it would be to never need sleep. Ever. I could be busy as a bee for 24 hours a day for the rest of my life. With that super power my garage would be immaculate and I would have an updated home with a home full of furniture I built!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...