Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Funny Comment...

We have early morning church these days which means we do everything we can the night before to ease the morning rush. Last Sunday I was in the bathroom curling my hair (I had slept on it wet the night before and it was already a little curly) when Hallie came in asking if I would curl her hair. I looked at the clock and knew there was no way we would have time. I declined her request. She came into the bathroom just a short while later when I was finishing getting ready asking again. We were getting ready to walk out the door and I told her no, she left the room pouting.

After church we were in the kitchen eating some lunch when Hallie commented how pretty my curly hair was. Hunter decided it was time to enter the conversation:

"Mom, that was not very nice of you to take all the time to curl your own hair this morning and not curl Hallie's. She really wanted her hair curled too and you were selfish and only curled your own hair."

His comment was not only out of character but rather surprising. I knew without a doubt there was no way that he came to that conclusion all on his own! I turned to look at Hallie and she was bright red. At first she denied saying anything about it to Hunter. I asked her if she was mad at me that morning for not curling her hair. She shamefully admitted she was upset and had vented to Hunter. I finally made eye contact with Hunter and with his matter-of-fact face he said, "It still wasn't very nice."

I'm sure it won't be the last time they talk about why they are mad at their parents!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...