Thursday, January 16, 2014

Wedding fun...part one...

Tossed in with the fun of our anniversary, Christmas, my birthday and New Years - we also attended the wedding of our oldest niece Brimley (and our oldest nephew ties the knot in just a few short months, so fun!) To say that I completely adore this girl would be an understatement and watching her get married made me feel older than I really am. (Just another perk of marrying the second youngest in a family of nine siblings - you have nieces and nephews not too much younger than you.) At college, Brimley found a real gem, Scott, and I not-so-secretly wished they lived much closer. They're fun, energetic and they've got all sorts of style. Love that they found each other.  photo 20140102-DSC_9189.jpg  photo 20140102-DSC_9245-1.jpg They were married in the Mesa temple and had a reception at their house the same evening. I can't wait to see all their gorgeous photos, but of course I couldn't help but snap a few myself. It's in my blood. The beauty from the day: Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun
Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun
Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun Each table had random facts about the bride and groom - which made me walk around to each table to read them all, some were quite funny. Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun The reception had a waffle bar and other breakfast related foods including donuts, so of course guests had to go home with fine label "McGrath" syrup. Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun The donut cake was a work of art (didn't manage to get pictures of that before people started diving in) and I caught Brian working on the "groom's" donut cake. Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun His and Her cups to toast their new life together. Life with Fingerprints: Wedding Fun More pictures to come...

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more...and I need to get some from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that you said they had the reception at "their house" after the ceremony. Were they already living together? I didn't know Mormons were allowed to do that? Please clarify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where that would be confusing! No they weren't living together, "their" house was referring to her parents home.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, I feel better. (I didn't think so!!!) Side note: Cannon has the sweetest smile and his hair is just so adorable. My stepsons full head of black hair stood straight up for about the first 9 or 10 months of his life - no matter how people tried to comb it down. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...