Monday, May 12, 2014

Fun last day of school photo...

We're gearing up for the last day of school around here. Hallie comes home each day and proudly announces how many days she has left and we are now in the single digits. How did summer sneak up on me so quickly??

I wish I could say I was planning a stellar end of the year party...but I'm not.

I wish I could say I have great plans for how to entertain them once school is out...but I don't.

You know what we do have plans for - Hallie's end of the year music program, Hunter's preschool graduation and this photo on the last day of school (I'll probably throw in a sno-cone as well...got to love low expectations):
Life with Fingerprints: Unique last day of school photo tutorial
Life with Fingerprints: Unique last day of school photo tutorial
If you've got a first day of school photo and a frame and some version of Photoshop/elements you can whip this picture up in 5 minutes.

Take a picture of your child holding a frame and open in Photoshop.

Duplicate your photo layer.

Delete the inner contents of the frame.

Place the first day of school photo into the document and resize so it fits slightly larger than the frame.

Move the first day of school layer below the top layer.

Done.

I've created a detailed tutorial over at howdoesshe.com to walk you through it step by step.

It's also the same tutorial you'll need for a photo documenting a blessing, baptism and one day a wedding.
Life with Fingerprints: Unique last day of school photo tutorial

9 comments:

  1. These pictures look great. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun idea, I'm passing this along to my newly wed daughter! (I'm a bit late!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. I didn't realize they were photoshopped. That is totally do-able. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was on the ball enough to actually have the photo printed...but I never do and photoshop is just as easy!

      Delete
  4. Great idea and tutorial. I am assuming that you had them holding the chalkboard with the writing on it in the first picture. I need to get me a chalkboard as that looks darling! Thanks for the post and tutorial!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. What a blessing that you share your creativity and know how. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...