Monday, August 18, 2014

Gray paint samples...

I've found that some of my more difficult paint choices have involved the color gray. I want gray, yet it reads blue, purple, green...just about anything but gray. I was ready to move forward with another painting project and I thought I knew what color I wanted and I had a half gallon already sitting in the garage. I originally painted the bathroom this color and then changed my mind after the first coat because it was too dark in the small space. So I took Dunn Edwards Gray Pearl and painted a section on the wall. I liked it, didn't love it. So, I came back to the room in the late afternoon and looked at it again. Still didn't love it. Walked in at night when it was dark and it still hadn't grown on me. Gray Pearl was just not working for me.

I went to Home Depot and picked up three samples: Dunn Edwards Cloud, Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter and Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray. I was sure I wanted Cloud but since I was there I picked up two other samples. I've always wanted to test Revere Pewter and Stonington Gray was really a last minute choice.

The minute I opened the can for Revere Pewter I knew it was off - sure enough its not even close to the paint swatch - so I'm still not sure if I like that color!

Here they are all lined up next to each other.
Life with Fingerprints: Determining what gray to paint the bedroom; Dunn Edwards Gray Pearl, Dunn Edwards Cloud, BM Revere Pewter, BM Stonington Gray

I moved forward with Stonington Gray and I love it...more pictures to come...

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to more pictures of Cannon's new room - or maybe I'll just come see it in person!
    Coming home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...