Friday, August 22, 2014

What a difference...

We have a guest room in our house. The thing about the guest room is, I so rarely walk into that room that I fail to give the room any attention until we have guests coming, and then I try and figure out what I can do to make the room a little more presentable.

Two years ago I painted the guest room, Benjamin Moore Gray Horse. I built a bed for the room and then it sat. And sat.
Life with Fingerprints: West Elm Curtains, Benjamin Moore Gray Horse
We had a lot of guests walk through that door and every time I thought, I really need to add something to that room. So with company arriving this weekend - I was on a mission last week to get something done. My first stop was West Elm. Hallie and I walked directly to the curtains and picked out a pair. I thought for sure I'd get them home and then return them two weeks later because thats typically my luck with home stuff. But wouldn't you know, we got them in the room and I loved them. It was just what the room needed.
Life with Fingerprints: West Elm Curtains, Benjamin Moore Gray Horse
It's amazing what some curtains can do for a room and I'm laughing that it took me that long to do it. I've got some other ideas swirling around for that room as well but company will come and go and I will table my ideas until company shows up in the fall and I'll rush to make something happen!

4 comments:

  1. How about a huge frame where you could put pictures of your company? Everytime someone comes to visit, they have to take a picture and put it in there. It would be like a guestbook and you would probably have pictures of people you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the curtains and really liked the suggestion from Kerstin. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make those curtains? That's just the fabric I'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...