Thursday, September 4, 2014

More guest room updates...

I have place holders throughout my house. Rooms change and colors change which means I have decorations floating around the house. Something might end up in three different areas of the house before it's served it's purpose and ends up in the garage ready for donation. These particular lamps have been placeholders for a while.
Life with Fingerprints: Guest room lamps update, West Elm Factory Wall Sconce
We had them when we moved to Milwaukee many moons ago. They were in our bedroom. Then they were in Hunter's bedroom. And they've been sitting in the guest bedroom since we moved in. I didn't love them in there, but they were placeholders until I found something I liked better.

I've had my eye on these sconces from West Elm for a long while and it wasn't until my sister-in-law was over that she confirmed my decision and they were ordered that night!

My assistant Hallie and I spent this afternoon installing them. Let me tell you, that girl of mine has construction in her blood. She held that lamp steady and level while I drilled the holes, which is harder than it sounds! She also took some pictures - she's good enough she might start requiring payment.

Life with Fingerprints: Guest room lamps update, West Elm Factory Wall Sconce
Life with Fingerprints: Guest room lamps update, West Elm Factory Wall Sconce

This reminds me that the nightstands are also placeholders! I even have all the materials for the new ones and haven't gotten around to it for...a year and a half. Embarrassing, I know. But the new lamps may just light a fire in me!
Life with Fingerprints: Guest room lamps update, West Elm Factory Wall Sconce
Life with Fingerprints: Guest room lamps update, West Elm Factory Wall Sconce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...