Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bennettisms...

Bennett is the comedian of the family. He's animated and he knows how to put on a show. I always think I'm going to remember all of the little one liners and sadly I never remember. Heres a few (some from a while ago) from my phone...
Life with Fingerprints-8369 photo LifewithFingerprints-8369.jpg
He woke up in the middle of the night screaming for me. I rushed to his room and he was really disoriented and couldn't seem to tell me why he called me in. After stuttering a few times he finally pointed to his pillow, "My pillow is stinky." I picked it up and sure enough it was covered in drool. I flipped it over and told him it wasn't stinky anymore. He put his face in and smelled. And then laid down and went to sleep.

He was in nursery at church and the leaders could smell a stinky diaper. They checked one kid when Bennett came running over and in a loud and boisterous song, sang, "I'm poopy."

Bennett has become quite the entertainer at church and has captured everyone's hearts. He walks around with Steve before the meeting starts shaking everyone's hands. A boy at church saw Bennett working the crowd and asked, "How did Bennett get so famous when he's so little."

We were sitting at the table eating lunch when I referred to him as "honey". He shot me a "don't you dare" look and said, "What you say to me?" "Honey, you need to eat your lunch." He quickly shot back, "You no call me honey...Anna calls me honey." Anna is his 3 year-old BFF who clearly has a nickname for Mr. B!

He was talking quickly and I could only make out a few words out of each sentence. I heard "big burpions". Seconds later I heard "little burpions." I had no clue what he was referring to until he mentioned Steve's foot and then I knew he was talking about scorpions. So I corrected him and then next time he said it he really enunciated...BURRRRpions. He thought he nailed it. I gave him a high five indicated he nailed it!

He picked up the phrase, "Who cares" and he's been using it in the funniest situations but rarely is it used in the right context. One particular time he used it correctly. While in nursery, the leader was talking about one of the kids finishing their snack. Bennett chimes in, "Who cares about Johnny's snack."

I dropped him off at preschool and as he got out of the car he saw his friend. He was trying to get his attention to slow down and wait for him. "Buddy! Buddy! Hey buddy, wait for me. Buddy do you see me? Hi buddy." Clearly we need to work on names of classmates because I'm pretty sure with how many times he said buddy, he had no clue what his name was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...