Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Happy Birthday...

My friend delivered her sixth child today in the very hospital we had Cannon.
Life with Fingerprints: One Year Old
A year ago I was in her position. I was holding a beautiful, squishy newborn. I couldn't believe all the hair he came with. My body ached, yet it was the best pain a person could feel. I had fears but at the same time I felt complete peace. I was anxious to get home and get a good nights rest (which of course didn't come for months). I had done this three times before and I knew what to expect, and it was the same excitement and love holding him for the first time. As if I knew him and had loved him long before. He was ours.
Life with Fingerprints: One Year Old
It's hard to remember that sleepy, squishy stage when you have a near toddler on the loose. Getting into things, gathering bumps and bruises along the way. Each stage is great and each has it's advantages. He screams at the top of his lungs but he also has the best surprised face out of all the kids. We see bits and pieces of his personality as it continues to develop and it's a fun process. Happy Birthday Can Man.
Life with Fingerprints: One Year Old
Life with Fingerprints: One Year Old

3 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful boy you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember feeling so jealous that you were in the hospital with your squishy newborn and I was still as round as I was tall. It seriously amazes me that a whole year has gone by. My, what a year can do!! Happy birthday to that cutie pie Cannon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...