Sunday, October 19, 2014

The entertainment center...

Back in February, I took on the project of all projects building a 12ft by 8ft entertainment center with my dad. And after it was built, it sat empty because although I have crazy cool vision for creating a project, I never feel confident in the accessorizing department. Every once in a while I would come across something I liked and months later we have a semi-accessorized unit!

But lets start from the beginning, a couple months after moving in:
Life with Fingerprints: DIY Entertainment Center, building project, media center

A year later we finally got around to replacing the mauve carpet, painted the walls and hung drapes:
Life with Fingerprints: DIY Entertainment Center, building project, media centerLife with Fingerprints: DIY Entertainment Center, building project, media center
At the beginning of this year I flew my dad down and we spent the most exhausting 7 days making this come to life. I still look at it sometimes and I'm amazed that the drawing I made two years ago actually came to be. I learned so much in this process and I'm just sick enough that I would do it again!
Life with Fingerprints: DIY Entertainment Center, building project, media center
Life with Fingerprints: DIY Entertainment Center, building project, media center
Life with Fingerprints: DIY Entertainment Center, building project, media center

Here's our step-by-step process:
DIY Entertainment Center - Day 1
DIY Entertainment Center - Day 2
DIY Entertainment Center - Day 3
DIY Entertainment Center - Day 4
DIY Entertainment Center - Day 5
DIY Entertainment Center - Day 6
DIY Entertainment Center - Day 7

23 comments:

  1. Love that thing. So perfect for the space. You are quite talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I am truly impressed by your grit and talent for building things, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably more grit than talent but I'm a testament that hard work can go a long ways!

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Where did you get the rug you have in that room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a piece of carpet that we had made into a rug. The most affordable option we came across when looking for a rug that large.

      Delete
  4. It looks awesome! I love your couches...do you find them hard to keep clean with kids? My husband wants leather but I like the look and feel of cloth...
    You are extremely talented. I think you are really good at the accessorizing part, actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love our couches. This is the first time we've had dark couches and we won't go back as long as we have kids. I do love leather, but I love fabric with children. Plus, in Arizona when it gets hot you just sweat sitting on a warm leather couch.

      Delete
  5. Wow, this looks just like you bought it home from a shop! You're so talented :) You must have such a sense of accomplishment whenever you sit down to watch tv now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, every time I enter the room there's a sense of accomplishment. My husband claims I might get the same satisfaction from cleaning a room but building is much more fun! :)

      Delete
  6. that is such a cool tv :)

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Do you share your plans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not a concrete plan. I drew up what I originally wanted and then it changed and changed again and the more we built, the more it changed! But I did draw it out originally in Illustrator and that was our starting point.

      Delete
  8. Jaw officially dropped. AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Random lurker here, I read Shawni's blog, love your skills!) The room is SO bright and lovely! I love your entertainment center, SO amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Over from Ana White. Wow, just wow. Totally impressive. You've an awesome Dad, too. BTW - the accessories look pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is pretty interesting since there's so many useful info inside. Thank you.We need more info like this on a daily basis. Hope you'll regularly update this web in the future.We need more info like this on a daily basis. Hope you'll regularly update this web in the future.This article is pretty interesting since there's so many useful info inside. Thank you.

    Short Film SHUEN

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...