Friday, October 31, 2014

Weekly Photo Wrap Up...

A week ago Tuesday, I set up the studio lights for the last shoot of Cannon's weekly photos. Part of me was relieved that I didn't have to come up with another chalk drawing (some days when the creative juices weren't flowing it was really hard!) Part of me was surprised that I made it 52 weeks. And of course part of me was sad because he's one years old and we were done with this chapter. My Tuesdays are now looking surprisingly empty!

Check out the video of his weekly photos here.
Life with Fingerprints: Weekly Photo Collage; chalkboard art

I can't decide which is my favorite, I love them all for one reason or another. But I really like weeks 37-40 - perhaps just a fun stage he was in. What's your favorite?

Get a closer look at the weekly photos here.

17 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea! I wish I could be that persistent. Your chalkboard doodles are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's one of those ideas that half way through you're thinking maybe this should be a 6 month project, not a year!

      Delete
  2. these are so awesome, individually too, but all together?! He will cherish them one day...I would love to be that creative ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so fun, and so much work! I just printed a book from blurb and I can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  3. I love seeing them as a group. I'm a big fan of 24 and 39. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your chalk drawings - they are one of the reasons I started following your blog. By the way, how did you do them? Was it using photoshop after the photo was taken. My hats off to your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are photoshopped after the fact...I've got to remember to do a tutorial on it!

      Delete
  5. Kudos to you for keeping up with this! They are super cute. I love weeks 13-16

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these (especially the electric guitar)! I copied your idea (thanks for the how-to tips in February) and have been at it for 8 1/2 months. I'm super impressed with your consistency, not to mention your brilliant ideas. I take the photo every week, and write what my baby has been up to, but I'm weeks behind with the chalk drawings. I often have a hard time coming up with ideas. But I'm super glad I'm doing it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were able to keep up with it! The first time I did weekly photos was with my third child and that's all they were; weekly photos. It was with my fourth child that I got a little adventurous and did the chalk drawings...which took forever! Stay with it - you'll treasure them later on!

      Delete
  7. What a great idea and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these and would love to read a tutorial on how to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi i really wat u did.. Hats off to u :).. I wanna do something like thiz for my baby too so was wondering is that chalkboard n chalk u used or did u photoshoped it..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...