Thursday, November 6, 2014

Oreo Chex Mix...

A while back, I found oreos on sale - the cheapest I'd seen them and I stocked up. I bought 18 in one stop and the next time I was at the store I felt the urge to buy 4 more. The shelf was overflowing and everyone who saw our pantry laughed at the insane amount. However, we're just three months in and the stash is dwindling to just a few bags. I'm kicking myself for not buying more.

The kids take oreos in their lunch. Steve likes oreos and milk. We've had frozen oreo delight. Oreo milkshakes. And...oreo chex mix. Chex mix is a staple at our house and we've played around with many varieties, but this one has stuck. And we seem to have plenty of oreos on hand!

Life with Fingerprints: Oreo Chex Mix
OREO CHEX MIX - or Oreo Muddy Buddies
5 C. rice chex cereal
1 C. white chocolate melts (or chocolate chips)
8 Oreos finely crushed
½ C. powdered sugar

5 C. rice chex cereal
1 C. milk chocolate melts (or chocolate chips)
8 Oreos finely crushed
½ C. powdered sugar
Extra chopped Oreos

You'll see that the recipe is divided into two sections. You make have using white chocolate and half using chocolate and then mix them together in a bowl.

Directions
Melt white chocolate in a microwave bowl and stir until smooth, make sure not to overcook. Cook in short intervals and stir. Pour over chex cereal and stir. Put it in a bag or bowl with a lid, add powdered sugar and finely crushed oreos and shake.

Repeat with chocolate.

Once cooled, mix the white chocolate and chocolate chex into the same bowl and add some extra chopped oreos.

3 comments:

  1. My husband is a pharmacist at a grocery store and they put out the halloween Oreos right by his window. They are 2 for $3 right now and they have so many to get rid of so naturally we bought 8 packages! That's too great of a price to pass up! I'm glad we aren't the only ones who appreciate a good deal on Oreos when we see one! Love your blog! You seem like a great person and a fantastic mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that the seasonal Oreos don't actually taste different but the Halloween one's are by far my favorite!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...