Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Like mother, like daughter...

Sometimes the things we pass down to our children makes me laugh - like dried bananas. I grew up with dried (dehydrated) bananas. My mom would spend an afternoon every once in a while slicing and arranging on drying trays. She would fill mason jars and put them in the storage room. I found myself visiting the storage room often to just sneak a couple. And before long a quarter of the jar was gone. My friends tried them a number of times and they didn't love them like I did.

Right after we were married I bought a dehydrator. We've dried plenty of fruits, but bananas are still my favorite. Not surprisingly they're my kids favorite as well. When I was cleaning out the pantry Hallie saw the dehydrator and in her most dramatic voice exclaimed..."You never make bananas anymore." I brought home 15 pounds of bananas two days later and made her work for them!

This is what Thursday afternoon looked like at our house:
Life With Fingerprints: Dried Bananas
Life With Fingerprints: Dried Bananas
Life With Fingerprints: Dried Bananas

We were depleting our supply so quickly I came home yesterday with another 15 pounds. Hopefully the newness of them will wear off and they'll stop chowing down on them!

1 comment:

  1. I need to do this! I SO remember the storage room!!! and Salsa! I've tried to make the salsa and it's just not the same!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...