Monday, March 30, 2015

Women's conference...

Hallie and I (as well as our sister-in-laws and cousins) attended our semi-annual women's broadcast for church this weekend. A conference for all the women/girls age 8 and older in our church. Hallie and sat next to each other, my arm wrapped around her shoulders. There were moments in each talk where I squeezed her shoulders to let her know how much I enjoyed something the speaker said. She would look up at me and smile. At 9-years-old she sat through an hour and half long meeting with multiple speakers and in the end she recounted several stories that she liked. She understood what was being taught and she had thoughts on it. I loved being there with her.
Life with Fingerprints: 2015 LDS Womens Broadcast
There were a couple quotes that stood out to me:

"Heavenly Father has a mission and plan for each of us, but he also has his own timetable." Bonnie Oscarson
I believe this with all my heart and I often have to remind myself of this when things aren't going as I carefully planned, when I wanted them to happen.

"Whenever a woman strengthens the faith of a child, she contributes to the strength of a family - now and in the future." Carole M. Stephens
I love this because I work hard at teaching my children and helping them to understand what faith is. But its hard work and raising children often leaves me depleted and sometimes discouraged. But its so much more. I'm raising humans. They'll grow up and raise their own children which makes what I teach them today even more important.

"President Eyring met a young mother who had also lost a child to death. “She was carrying in her arms a beautiful little girl. I leaned toward her to look into the little girl's smiling face. I asked the baby's mother, ‘What is her name?’ Her quick and cheerful answer was: 'Her name is Joy. Joy always comes after sorrow.’” After hearing this - a smile spread across my face as I thought about so many friends who have experienced loss and the joy they've been able to find after that sorrow.

After the conference, we gathered together to eat dinner - all 19 of us!
Life with Fingerprints: 2015 LDS Womens Broadcast
Life with Fingerprints: 2015 LDS Womens Broadcast
Life with Fingerprints: 2015 LDS Womens Broadcast
They say there is strength in numbers and it couldn't be more true with this group. They give me strength, they give my daughter strength and I hope in time I can strengthen them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...