Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Grandma's visit...

I mentioned my mom made a visit. She came to lend a helping hand for a few days while Steve was gone and she got more than she bargained for with sick kids. Luckily, we were able to squeeze some fun things in before we sent her on her way.

We braved Ikea with two small kids. Not ideal but we both walked away happy with our purchases.

She joined us for the block party.

We went to the science museum one afternoon where the kids were anxious to show her their favorite exhibit: Forces of nature. You stand on a small stage and experience every type of weather - including hurricanes and tornadoes. Cannon wasn't sure about the rain falling from the ceiling or the extreme heat blasting in his face.

Life with Fingerprints: Science Museum
Life with Fingerprints: Science Museum
Life with Fingerprints: Science Museum
Life with Fingerprints: Science Museum
Life with Fingerprints: Science Museum
Life with Fingerprints: Science Museum

In between kids throwing up and just not feeling well - we were hanging around the house with our plans cancelled for the day. We made the best of it - she hemmed Steve's new suit pants and we were able to crank out a full batch of Salsa.
 photo 20150414-DSC_7076.jpg

She played duet after duet with Hallie on the piano and read books with the kids. She taught them games. We stayed up way too late talking and laughing. We even made it to Mesa Frozen Yogurt (a family favorite). She let me sleep in when I was up all night with Bennett. She helped me rearrange bedroom furniture and watched while I put together my Ikea pieces. We sat outside and enjoyed the warm weather. We went shopping one morning without kids thanks to my sister-in-law.

Despite the sickness - we had a good time. I'm not sure who's more grateful for her help, me or Steve. It's always easier on Steve knowing that I've got help when he's away for such long periods of time. I'm grateful for her willingness to be here with us. The kids love it. I love it and I'm reminded of the amazing lady that she is.

 photo 20150412-DSC_7026.jpg
 photo 20150412-DSC_7035.jpg
 photo 20150412-DSC_7036.jpg
 photo 20150412-DSC_7038.jpg
 photo 20150412-DSC_7052.jpg
 photo 20150412-DSC_7045.jpg
 photo 20150412-DSC_7043.jpg
 photo 20150412-DSC_7049.jpg

Thanks again mom. Love you.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ladies. Beautiful photos. Thank goodness your mom was there to help you through part of that horrifying week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...