Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Let them be little...

Let me paint you a picture. It was a toasty afternoon - 114 degrees. The kids were swimming their little hearts out. They got out of the pool and I started getting the BBQ ready for dinner. I was rushing around prepping food and cleaning up before Steve walked in the door and I noticed I had a little shadow. He followed me outside to the BBQ, back inside to the sink to wash my hands, to my bedroom to put some things away, back outside to check on the BBQ. I didn't say a word to him but I watched his moves behind me. Finally, he said with a giggle and Hunter's hat on backwards, "I'm following you mommy, that's silly, huh?!"

I looked into his big dark eyes and got lost for just a second. Immediately the country song by Billy Dean started flowing through my head:
So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle
Oh just let them be little


As soon as the words flowed through my head, my next thought was - he's not so little anymore.
 photo Life with Fingerprints-9268.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...