Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Always learning...

I love learning. I have a list a mile long of things I want to learn. With the kids going back to school I was ready to go back-to-school as well - as much as one can with two kids still at home.

I've always admired people with great handwriting and I love the idea of using my own handwriting more in my graphic design work. I follow a guy on instagram who posts the most beautiful brush pen calligraphy videos. And recently he posted that he had a class on Skillshare.com. I immediately went and signed up for the class and started going through his two hours of videos. I purchased his recommended brush pens from JetPens.com and as soon as they arrived I started practicing. Although it's not an extremely difficult skill - they sure make it look easier on all those videos than it really is.

I have a feeling it's going to take way more practice than I anticipated, which is okay by me, I really just want to learn. Although the videos were very informative and easy to follow along - I was missing a basic principle; how to old the brush pen.

I did more research and came across a great blog, Pieces Calligraphy that filled in all the blanks and even offered some informative videos for free. I've bookmarked this site and have referenced back more than a few times when I need a little extra help.

At this stage I'm practicing my letters and at the pace I'm going I'll be done with the alphabet within the year! Practice, Practice, Practice!
Brush Pen Calligraphy

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...