Monday, October 19, 2015

Childhood in realtime...

When was the last time you danced in the rain - or ran through the irrigation water?!

I have a lot to learn from my kids. Bennett saw the irrigation filling the backyard and immediately ran to me to get permission to get his swimsuit on. Immediately, 10 reasons popped into my head as to why it was not a good idea in that moment. But the look on his face was priceless. He was so anxious. I told him sure. He stood there for a minute not sure if he heard me correctly and then quickly disappeared to suit up.

I walked outside minutes later to hear the backyard filled with his childish giggle. The water splashed up in his shorts as he ran and he thought it was so funny. He tossed a ball up in the air probably a hundred times. Not once did he ever come close to catching although he tried every time. But he didn't need to catch it to be happy - it was the process of throwing it in the air with water spraying up that made him smile.

 photo 20150929-DSC_1468.jpg

Childhood is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...