Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas craft...wood burning...

I purchased a wood burning tool a while ago (nothing fancy, just found it on Amazon) and now I'm burning everything. (And I only came close to burning myself once!) This little Christmas craft took less than 20 minutes from start to finish - and 3 of those minutes were waiting for the burning tool to heat up. And before you claim that your handwriting isn't good or you can't draw - these little snowflakes consist of straight lines. You can even draw the design on with pencil first if you're really that unsure of yourself!
 Christmas craft using a wood burning tool
I found some birch wood cuts at Joanns; they vary anywhere from 1 1/2" to 2 1/2" circles. I used the burning tool with a simple small round tip and drew intersecting lines until they looked like snowflakes. Once the snowflakes were burned, I drilled a hole in them and tied them with jute. We used them as napkin rings for a dinner we had at the church recently and after that they made great ornaments for the tree. You could use them on gifts, make a garland out of them or even tie them around a glass jar. And all you have to do is burn straight lines. Easy peasy!
 Christmas craft using a wood burning tool
 Christmas craft using a wood burning tool
 Christmas craft using a wood burning tool
No wood is safe at our house now!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try this. Thanks for linking to an inexpensive tool to try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...