Thursday, January 7, 2016

Homemade Christmas gift...Lego Wall Art...

My homemade Christmas gifts come in all shapes and sizes. I had the idea for Hunter's homemade Christmas gift almost 6 months ago. I was working to redo his room and after I got the furniture and bedding placed I knew I wanted a picture hanging between his beds. Almost immediately the thought came to me to take a picture of his legos and hang it on the wall. The idea morphed into Lego wall art - making a quote out of his Legos and printing it for his wall.

I chose a short quote to make sure I could make it fit and look uniform. I spent an afternoon with his legos while he was at school and was done in no time.
Homemade Christmas Gift; Lego Wall Art

I made a 20x20 print and put it in an Ikea Ribba frame.

Christmas morning he opened it and gave me the exact reaction I was looking for. Excitement.
 Homemade Christmas Gift; Lego Wall Art

We promptly hung it in his room and it was just as I had envisioned many months ago. "It's awesome mom, I didn't know you could make words out of Legos!" Yes son you can, and it's much easier than the instructions that take 300 steps to build a ship!
 Homemade Christmas Gift; Lego Wall Art

3 comments:

  1. Okay. That's the cutest thing ever, not to mention that wall and cute bedding! What lucky children to have such a clever mom who takes the time to make thoughtful, homemade gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In their Lego game playing, children quickly learn what will stand up and what will not. Peer pressure occurs automatically when a certain color combination doesn't 'look right' or fit the overall scheme of what has already been built. Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! My nieces loved playing Lego too and they were so happy when I got them Lego blocks last Christmas. That was very creative of you, putting up a gift that your kids would definitely love is something worth the while. Just as the review of Smart Paper Help which is worthy of my time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...