Wednesday, May 4, 2016

9 weeks...

Has it really been two months since I was lying in the hospital giving birth?!

He's 9 weeks old and just starting to give us some smiles. He weighed in this week at 11.1 lbs. Definitely one of our smaller children. He sleeps one 6-7 hour stretch at night and it is glorious. His clogged tear duct continually leaves his eye red and full of goop. Pretty sure every one of our kids has experienced this. He's still not a huge fan of the swing, but he tried out the bumbo seat for the first time and he was content for a length of time. He looked ridiculously old sitting in that thing. Little man is growing up.

He had a big day on Sunday when Steve blessed him in our church, surrounded by so many family and friends (more on that to come). It was beautiful.

He was a third wheel to a weekend of family wedding events and he handled it like a champ. He was passed around and loved on by everyone around him. Fortunately, he hasn't entered the "stranger danger" phase - but I anticipate it happening shortly.
 photo 20160504-DSC_7478-Edit.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I think he looks so much like your second son, Bennett (I think? I'm not positive on names!). Your son that just had the birthday -- I think Briggs looks like him. :) Regardless, cute kids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you - he looks the most like Bennett. Isn't it funny how even so young, kids can resemble each other?!

      Delete
  2. What's your secret to the long stretch at night? I have an almost 3 month old and will only sleep if I'm holding her! It makes for some long nights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a magic formula as to how to get a baby to sleep and to stay asleep. Sadly after 5 kids, I've realized a lot depends on the baby. A few things we have done consistently with every kid that I do believe have helped: We swaddle babies to go to sleep. For my last two kids, I used a sleep sack called the Woombie that kept them nice and tight and made it so they didn't wake themselves up. With Briggs we haven't had to do that because he's a much better sleeper, but we do swaddle him every night with an Aden and Anais blanket. By the time he wakes up, he has his hands out trying to eat them, but it still helps him sleep. I'm also a big fan of the sound machine. We also don't keep babies in our room, which I think helps because you're not hearing every sound the child makes! Good luck - hope you get some more sleep soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...