Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Birthday Boy...

It's time to celebrate my favorite guy.
 photo 20061016-20061016-green shirt.jpg
 photo DSC_0277.jpg

I've made lists in the past of all his wonderful traits and I could easily make another list. But instead, I'm going to help you get to know him just a little more.

He loves sweets and he loves chocolate. We were recently at an ice cream place and I was ordering for the family while Steve was with the kids. I looked at the menu and knew immediately what he would choose. Double chocolate fudge with brownie chunks. It's not a treat in his mind if it's not chocolate!

He's still driving his first car - He bought it the year before we met. Never in a million years did I think it would last this long. It's moved from one extreme climate to another and back again and it's still running like a dream.

He also still uses the same alarm clock he had as a kid. I've tried convincing him to upgrade. Perhaps one with a usb cable to charge his phone, or one that is a smart clock and goes back to the right time after being unplugged. He refuses. He likes his old comfortable alarm clock.

He isn't big into gadgets, specifically technology gadgets. (completely opposite of me) I try to keep him current by purchasing things for birthdays and such. Sometimes he returns them, other times he takes a chance and keeps them!

He is a fish out of water. He was a pretty big deal back in his city swim meet days and he often relives the glory days in our pool showing our kids his skills.

Most may not realize this, but he's a pretty big deal.

At least he is in our house. And we're happy to celebrate him any chance we can get.

Happy Birthday Steve.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...