Thursday, April 26, 2012

Funny Comment...

Remember the boy who thought a woman shouldn't be fixing sprinklers (here), he's back.

This time while he's walking by, I'm enjoying my new favorite tool. He watches me from afar blowing the front porch and I make my way to the side of the house by the garage after completion. I shut down the blower just as he turns the corner and walking past our garage.

"Seriously, why doesn't your husband do these things?"

"He's at work all day and doesn't get home until late and when he does get home he's doing other important things. Because I'm here all day I can do it."

"My mom stays at home all day and she still doesn't do anything, my dad does it all for her."

"Then your mom and I are very different people because I enjoy this type of stuff."

"That's weird."

In my mind I'm thinking, "You know what's really weird? You thinking your mom doesn't do anything all day and that your dad does everything. That's weird!!"

2 comments:

  1. People have funny ideas about this sort of thing. I am glad I had a mother who went ahead and did those projects around the house. It was good for me to see. Although she never attempted to work on the sprinkler system:) You should give lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this kid??? You should have turned the blower on him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...