Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's day...with fingerprints...

Although I like Valentine's day, it might be my least favorite of all the holidays. I don't need yet another holiday that brings candy into the house. I hate my kids eating candy. I have nothing against sugar - I'm quite a fan myself. But candy is a different story. There are tears because so-and-so got more candy than them. I find sticky half-eaten suckers in places other than the kitchen and the wrappers get shoved in every nook and cranny. Not to mention that no matter how well I tell Hallie to hide her candy from her brothers...they always find it which results in more tears when she returns from school to find her stash demolished. I'd rather give them a dozen sugar cookies and clean up the crumbs under the bar stool.

Having said that...Valentine's day was great. Life with Fingerprints Life with Fingerprints There were class valentine's day parties - conversation heart bingo, exchanging of cards, heart shaped sugar cookies and a whole lot of red and pink. Life with Fingerprints I sent Steve photos every hour that looked just like this (and other cheesy conversation heart sayings!): Life with Fingerprints Finding a babysitter is near impossible so we had family dinner at Panda Express and ice cream at McDonalds per the kid's request. Life with Fingerprints And once all the kids were finally tucked away in bed, Steve and I could finally enjoy an adult conversation. That man shows me he loves me every single day and is constantly serving me whether it's Valentine's day or not. I'm a lucky lady.

1 comment:

  1. Love your table decor! I hear ya about babysitting on valentines! Next to impossible! Oh well, it's super fun making it a fun day and night for the kids too. And they love it:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...