Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas Crafts...part 1...

For some reason the smell of cinnamon mingled with Christmas music makes me want to get my craft on. Of course, December is not an ideal month to spend hours crafting. But I find it therapeutic during this crazy season to sit in the stillness of the night with Christmas music in the background (while Steve studies away in the offices) and create. This week is craft week on the blog!

I scoured through my holiday pinterest board and came across this idea. Easy enough to replicate!

My sister was in town over Thanksgiving and jumped in on the fun. I purchased 1 2x6 (8ft in length) and created three sets. I very carefully cut all the trees using my miter saw. I can't say it too many times, be careful! There wasn't a whole lot of measuring in this project. I determined I wanted trees at different heights so I eyeballed most of it.
Life with Fingerprints: Christmas Craft, holiday forest out of 2x6 wood
I was lucky to have a helper sanding while I was cutting!
Life with Fingerprints: Christmas Craft, holiday forest out of 2x6 wood

Painting was quick and easy as they only required one coat - so you can still see some grain. Even after one coat I used a paintbrush with a little water to wash some paint off.
Life with Fingerprints: Christmas Craft, holiday forest out of 2x6 wood
Using the end of a paintbrush I dabbed some white paint on the trees and they were done. I love that you can paint them to match your unique style of Christmas decor. I painted two gold trees but I think a gold and silver shimmery set might be fun.
Life with Fingerprints: Christmas Craft, holiday forest out of 2x6 wood

Check out the other posts from Christmas Craft week
Christmas Crafts Part 1
Christmas Crafts Part 2
Christmas Crafts Part 3
Christmas Crafts Part 4
Christmas Crafts Part 5

3 comments:

  1. I love these trees! I definitely want to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot for the life of me figure out how you cut this on the mitre. Please tell me how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very carefully! I didn't move the angle of the saw - I just moved the wood around - which is why none of the trees are alike because the angles are just a little different on each one depending on how I rotated the wood.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...