Sunday, January 24, 2016

The darkest night will end...

There's a family in our area who lost their little girl in an accident last week and ended up having a baby the next morning. And although I don't know them personally, (Steve knows of them and we have many mutual friends) my heart aches for them. I've found myself thinking of this family many times in the last couple days and they've been in our prayers as a family.

The have a heavy burden to carry right now. I think our struggles and trials at times are more than we feel capable of bearing and yet I've witnessed strong and amazing people endure tragedies with strength and poise. When I hear of tragedies such as this my mind starts to race and I wonder how I would handle such heartbreak? Would I face it with strength? Would I shrink and let it consume me? How would it affect me?

I hope to never find out how I would react to losing a child. My heart goes out to those that have. I hope many can find peace in knowing that "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise." May we all find the sun rising on our dark nights.

 photo 20160116-DSC_4487-Edit.jpg

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me but I want you to know that God used you and this post to minister to me. I lost my four day old baby boy on Dec 30th. Last night I was awake in the night after having a nightmare and I read this. I am sure it was straight from God. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the pain you've felt the last four weeks. Please find reassurance in the knowledge that God knows you and loves you. I'm grateful this post could be of value to you in a time of need. He often uses us as instruments to help and lift others. I hope you see that sun rising daily.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...