Sunday, August 21, 2016

24 weeks...

I feel like starting solids with babies is a necessary evil. In fact it ranks low on things I enjoy doing - pretty close to potty training. But we're doing it and I know 4 months from now it will be much better.

Until then, I put a spoon in his mouth and only a 1/3 stays in his mouth, the rest dribbles down his chin. Which I scoop off and feed him again, but this time only a 1/4 stays in his mouth. The whole time I'm holding his hands so I can get the spoon close to his mouth and as I go to reload the spoon with more rice cereal, he blows raspberries with the biggest smile on his face. The first time it was pretty cute and funny. And even the second time it was pretty entertaining as he surprised himself when food splattered on his face. After that it just created more mess to clean up and less food that he actually consumed. But I am nothing if not persistent!
weekly photo project

1 comment:

  1. Good luck :-)
    You're also doing something really, really important that will last him his whole life. I didn't get weaned properly and had severe malnutrition for first 10 years of life. Followed by years and years of dietry issues. Last year in despair aged 58 with 2 stomach ulcers, IBS and constantly throwing up I made a really odd decision.
    I gave up eating solid food. I with vitamin supplements had nothing but "baby" milk for 4 months. Then just like a regular baby I slowly weaned off milk and onto solid food strictly following as I would with a baby. Result? No IBS, no ulcers. Losing weight in a safe way and no vomiting. I've learn't that if I throw the rules about eating, 3 meals a day, or 6 small meals, or graze out of the window and that I only eat when I need to and what I want to I'm healthier and happier.
    Your children will never comprehend what your parenting is giving them, but from someone who missed out on "the basics" as well as any extras YOU are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...